Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pete Puppy


    The dog in this photo was my dog Pete. He was the best dog anyone could ask for. He may have been rotten but he was the biggest teddy bear I have ever seen. There are so many memories of him that I can't even list them but my favorite thing about him was that he was a bed hog. I know it's weird that I liked that but he made me feel safe. My bed was up against the wall but there was just enough of a gab that I could fit my body in the gab. Pete would get in bed with me and I would lay in the crack and have my head, one arm, and one leg on the bed. When I was in 6th grade my dad woke me up to tell me that Pete had been hit by a car. At this time he was either 15 or 16 years old and too old to be able to fix any broken bones. I went to school that day but knew in my gut that something wasn't right so I went to the office and told them that I had gotten sick even though I didn't. Mom came to pick me up and I cried the whole way home. Pete had broken his back leg so he couldn't walk and mom had to put a towel under his stomach to help him walk. The whole day, he only wanted to be on MY bed. Finally dad got home from work and they took him to the vet to get things looked at. Pete didn't come back home. I miss Pete so much and ever since him, no pet has slept with me. Pete was so special to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment