Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sent to Heaven

     For he shall give his angels charge over thee to guard you in all your ways.

     Yesterday for the first time since my great grandma was taken from us, I went out and visited her grave. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I also had Evan with me so I didn't think about it to much. Not very many people know this but whenever I used to get angry I would go out to that cemetary and see Grandpa Joe's grave (Grams first husband) and just talk to him like he was sitting there with me. My grandpa Joe passed in Febuary of 1999 so I was only 7 years old at the time. I guess most people would say that I barely knew him but I feel that I knew a lot about him. We somehow had a special bond and I felt super close to him. He always liked everything burnt, it didn't matter what it was it was always burnt. Therefore the house smelled like burnt food whenever he ate. It really sucks that both of them are gone now. And it is really weird that as I get older, I find myself going to more and more funerals. 
     The picture above is the idea that I have for my next tattoo that I am going to get in honor of gram.  I know some people would say, "Would Gram really want you to get a tattoo?" and quite honestly she didn't have a problem with tattoos.  I would like to say that I am excited for this tattoo but I think that it is going to be really emotional.
     On another sad note, a week from tomorrow it will be a year since Jason has passed. The fair just won't be the same without seeing him there.

Peace Out Girl Scout!!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment